In the search to be a Chic, Modern and Fashion Forward Peachy Green lady, Im always keeping an eye out for sustainable fashion brands. I was pleasantly surprised when, in need of some new work clothes, I stumbled into H&M last week and pride of place at the entrance of the shop was a very large range from their Conscious Collection.
OUR VISION IS THAT ALL BUSINESS OPERATIONS SHALL BE RUN IN A WAY THAT IS ECONOMICALLY, SOCIALLY AND ENVIRONMENTALLY SUSTAINABLE
I like this as it adheres to all three values in the Triple Bottom Line principle. Also they are not just focussing on one aspect of bringing their consciousness into their brand, but in the overall impact the manufacture and distribution of their clothes has.
- Water: 450 Million Litres of water saved in their denim production
- Charity: 3.2 million garments donated to charity
- The number 1 user of organic cotton worldwide
- Garment collection and reuse in store
- Partners – teaming up with Unicef and WWF