Today, Monday 22nd April, is Earth Day. a day for all of us to think about the planet, how we use and abuse it and what we can do to tread a little more lightly. Over 1 billion people across the globe are participating in events. You probably wont hear much about it on the radio or TV but the movement is growing every year.
Whether youre getting involved in any of the organised events, or just celebrating your own Earth Day the best thing you can do is to let people know.
- Reduce your waste
- Get crafty and reuse your waste
- Register for the SMILE event in Tallaght Stadium this coming Thursday (25th April 2013) where businesses identify and make resource exchanges, and some people even get inspiration to start a business from someone else’s waste!
- Recycle More – put just one more thing into your Green Bin
- Check out whats happening during Eco Week in South Dublin
- Save energy by turning off your lights or heating a little earlier now that the days are getting longer and warmer
- Think about what your cooking – reduce food waste
Subscribe to this blog and pick up some more tips 🙂
Happy Earth Day 2013